Progress videos were recorded continually as the project advanced and uploaded to YouTube, this enabled the project supervisor to track progress and for feedback to be obtained from all audiences.
I have highlighted the noticeable changes between the videos.
The full playlist can be viewed here.
1/7 – 8 Feb 2012
- General building shape constructed with exterior door/window openings.
- Window/ Entrance door frame constructed in 3DS Max and inserted into Source SDK.
- Temporary textures used.
- Temporary lights to illuminate environment.
- Interior layout constructed through use of the architect floor plans.
- Pillars positioned.
- Door interaction testing.
2/7 – 21 February 2012
- Desks in open area sized up correctly and positioned accordingly.
- Glass added to containing doors.
- Texture creation (skirting, roof tile, wood, dividers, brushed metal).
- Texture scale adjustment.
- Exterior Textures.
- Reception desk constructed from SDK brushes and textured accordingly.
- Lift and general structure implemented.
- Key models converted from Counter Strike Source game to Half Life 2 directories.
- Sign fonts determined.
- Light experimentation.
3/7 – 28 February 2012
- Stairs construction commenced.
- Overlay testing.
- Map optimisation.
- Exterior enhancements.
- Computer models created and placed in computer rooms.
- Signs implemented for ease of player navigation.
- Lighting changes.
- More 3DS models created.
4/7 – 6 March 2012
- Projectors incorporated with white boards.
- Rooms 006 + 007 filled with room décor.
- Entrance gate models created.
- 3 seater and single seater open area sofa models created.
- 016, 017, 018, 019 room decoration.
- More 3DS models created and placed.
5/7 – 21 March 2012
- Lift finished, floor movement, button interaction.
- Optimised map to improve performance.
- Disabled shadows on models not requiring them.
- Lighting throughout first floor placed and adjusted.
- Glass translucency improved via texture opacity changes.
6/7 – 6 April 2012
- Roof light model created placed in correct locations throughout ground floor.
- Lighting aligned with light models.
- Complex stair model created and implemented.
- Overlays produced and placed in respective locations.
- Swivel chair model placed throughout map.
- Bug fixing.
- Game_text entities implemented to allow message sequencing.
- Exterior-Interior sliding doors.
7/7 – 13 April 2012
- Animated projector texture creation
- Exterior pathway placed.
- Bump map normal applied to skirting boards.
- Introductory message entity implemented.
- Made changes based from user feedback.
- Further bug fixes.