Progress videos were recorded continually as the project advanced and uploaded to YouTube, this enabled the project supervisor to track progress and for feedback to be obtained from all audiences.
I have highlighted the noticeable changes between the videos.
The full playlist can be viewed here.
1/7 – 8 Feb 2012
- General building shape constructed with exterior door/window openings.
- Window/ Entrance door frame constructed in 3DS Max and inserted into Source SDK.
- Temporary textures used.
- Temporary lights to illuminate environment.
- Interior layout constructed through use of the architect floor plans.
- Pillars positioned.
- Door interaction testing.
2/7 – 21 February 2012
- Desks in open area sized up correctly and positioned accordingly.
- Glass added to containing doors.
- Texture creation (skirting, roof tile, wood, dividers, brushed metal).
- Texture scale adjustment.
- Exterior Textures.
- Reception desk constructed from SDK brushes and textured accordingly.
- Lift and general structure implemented.
- Key models converted from Counter Strike Source game to Half Life 2 directories.
- Sign fonts determined.
- Light experimentation.
3/7 – 28 February 2012
- Stairs construction commenced.
- Overlay testing.
- Map optimisation.
- Exterior enhancements.
- Computer models created and placed in computer rooms.
- Signs implemented for ease of player navigation.
- Lighting changes.
- More 3DS models created.